The consultation on proposals to improve stroke services in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire closed in September 2021. Over 1,833 responses were received as part of the public consultation, representing more than 2,200 people.
As part of this formal public consultation, we wanted to find out:
- Whether you can see why we think it’s a good idea to change stroke services
- What you think about having one Hyper-acute Stroke Unit (HASU), at Southmead Hospital
- What you think of the options for ongoing acute treatment in hospital (ASU)
- Where you think we should have a second rehabilitation unit (SSARU) for people who aren’t ready to return home from hospital – what would be most important to you?
Following the closure of the consultation, themes summary documents have now been produced which highlights some of the consultation findings.
Consultation Themes Summary
- Read the Consultation Themes Summary document
- Read the easy read Consultation Themes Summary document
- Read the Aphasia Friendly Consultation Themes Summary document
Frequently Asked Questions
You can also view our Frequently Asked Questions to find answers to areas you may be concerned about.