The seasonal autumn Covid-19 and flu vaccination programme is underway for people who are most at risk from becoming seriously ill from a Covid or flu infection, this winter. Covid vaccinations have been brought forward following risks presented by a new Covid-19 variant.
- GPs and pharmacies are inviting people to have their flu and Covid-19 vaccinations.
- Anyone who is eligible for a seasonal Covid-19 vaccination can now book an appointment using the National Booking Service.
- Flu vaccinations are available from your GP or a community pharmacy.
- Health and social care workers will be invited for their vaccines through their employer, can be vaccinated at a community phamacy or can book an appointment by self-declaring as a staff member on the National Booking Service.
If you are eligible for both the Covid-19 and flu vaccine, we strongly encourage you to take up the offer of both vaccinations. It is safe to have both vaccines at the same appointment and there is no increase in side effects.
You can find out the latest information about both vaccines by visiting www.nhs.uk/seasonalvaccinations.
Eligible groups for winter vaccinations 2023
Those eligible for the Covid-19 and flu vaccines are:
- people aged 65 years old or over
- people living in an adult care home
- people aged 16 to 65 years old and are at risk
- people who are pregnant
- people aged 16 to 64 years old and are a carer
- frontline healthcare workers
- frontline social care workers
- household contacts of someone who is immuno-suppressed
- staff or carers in an adult care home
Those eligible for the flu vaccine only are:
- pre-school children aged 2 to 4 years old
- children of school age
- people living in long-stay residential care homes
- main carer or those with carer’s allowance
- close contacts of those at risk
National Booking Service
People aged 12 and over who are eligible for a Covid-19 vaccination can book an appointment using the online National Booking Service (NBS) or by phoning 119 for free. You will only be shown appointments for the vaccinations you are entitled to have. Appointments for children aged 5 to 11 will be available, soon.
If you are a health or social care worker, care for someone who is vulnerable, or live with someone who is severely immunosuppressed, you can self-declare this when making your booking.
New appointments are added regularly, so if you don’t find a suitable option please try again.
Walk-in Clinics in Our Area
- All walk-in clinics have limited capacity. We will always do our best to vaccinate everyone; however, as we do not know how many people will attend, it is not always possible. You can book a vaccination appointment using the National Booking Service (link above) or calling 119.
- If you have a suspected or confirmed Covid-19 infection, please wait until you have recovered and no longer have symptoms before having your seasonal vaccination.
- If you are eligible for a seasonal Covid-19 vaccination, and aged 18 or over, you can attend these vaccination clinics without an appointment.
- Please do not attend a walk-in clinic if you have booked your vaccination at another clinic.
- Walk-in clinics are available at several locations, often on rotation so not every location will have a clinic each week. The full list of clinics include Easton, Patchway, Hartcliffe, Brislington, Shirehampton, St Werburghs, Whitehall, Frenchay, and Lockleaze. If your nearest clinic is not listed with a date and time below please check back soon.
- Check the details of your preferred clinic on the day you wish to attend to ensure nothing has changed.
Brislington: Monday 4 December, 12pm – 5pm (Covid-19 vaccinations)
Location: Imperial Sports Ground, West Town Lane, BS14 9EA (map)
St Werburghs: Thursday 7 December, 11:30am – 4:30pm (Covid-19 vaccinations)
Location: St Werburghs Community Centre, Horley Road, Bristol, BS2 9TJ (map)
Easton: Friday 8 December 11am – 4pm (Covid-19 vaccinations)
Location: Easton Community Centre, Kilburn Street, Bristol, BS5 6AW (map)
Shirehampton: Sunday 10 December, 11.30am – 4.30pm (Covid-19 vaccinations)
Location: Port of Bristol Sports & Community Hub, Nibley Road, BS11 9XW (map)