Accessibility Statement for Healthier Together
Healthier Together is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Healthier Together takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Healthier Together:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Healthier Together is partially conformantwith WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
We have installed software which allow addition control for the following through keyboard or mouse navigation:
– Keyboard navigation
– Contrast settings
– Color settings
– Underline all links
– Highlight links
– Invert colors
– Remove animations
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Healthier Together. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Healthier Together:
- Phone: 0117 900 2583
- Visitor address: Healthier Together, Level 4 South Plaza, Marlborough Street, Bristol BS1 3NX
- Postal address: Healthier Together, Level 4 South Plaza, Marlborough Street, Bristol BS1 3NX
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Healthier Together is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
Healthier Together is not compatible with:
- Browsers older than 3 major versions
- Mobile operating systems older than 5 years
- Versions of Internet Explorer less than V11 running on Windows XP systems
Accessibility of Healthier Together relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Healthier Together, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Healthier Together:
- Images and video: Uploaded images may not have text alternatives because We are being trained on accessibility best practice shorty. We are being trained on accessibility best practice for alternative text and will be providing every image on the site with alternative descriptive text. . Please contact us if you have any issues with images on our site. .
- Ensure link text is meaningful within context (sliders): Some sliders do not include relevant link text because The sliders are automatically generated by the web software. We are trying to ensure each image within a slider represents the content the slider links to as well as ensuring the titles and description data within each link helps give context to the linking button. If you have any issues understanding what information is included within a slider or where it goes please contact us so we can fix it.
Healthier Together assessed the accessibility of Healthier Together by the following approaches:
- We reached out to users which use assistive technology to do testing on the site. Recommendations were considered and changed based on user feedback.
- Our developers test the site with webaccessibility.com to ensure there are no major WCAG 2.1 breaches on pages.
- A formal quality assurance process through the design and development process
Reach out to us at:
Level 4 South Plaza,
Bristol BS1 3NX,
T: 0117 900 2583,
To provide any formal complaints about our accessibility and your access to our website.