In Bristol, North Somerset, and South Gloucestershire
Inclusive, collaborative and integrated care services are built on creating the space for people to be heard, take ownership of, and make decisions about their wellbeing. We all want to work together to help people in our communities to live well, and good collaboration is about people connecting.
We are supporting this by encouraging people to ask more questions and listen more. This helps us to see things differently, find purpose and success in our roles, and look after our wellbeing. By asking colleagues what helps them grow, be more well, and be their best, we can help them to feel supported to be and do their best. Coaching can give us healthier communities and healthier colleagues.
We are offering a range of opportunities for people working in our health and care system who are qualified coaches, interested in developing their coaching skills or becoming a coach, and interested in being coached themselves.
This is a collaborative project led by Healthier Together with health and social care organisations in Bristol, North Somerset, and South Gloucestershire.
Watch our video to find out more about how we’re Supercharging Coaching in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire
How are we supercharging coaching?
- Supporting all our current and new coaches across Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire organisations to join a community through a Coaching Network
- Facilitating cross-organisational coaching and learning across boundaries by connecting coaches to coachees through the Coaching Network
- Harmonising coaching between organisations and with the South West Leadership Academy Coaching Network
- Offering all coaches CPD opportunities, access to regular supervision, resources, and events – including a coaching conference!
- Helping make it (even more) normal to use a ‘coaching style’
We are exploring sustainable options to offer opportunities to train as a qualified coach and provide coaching to colleagues within your organisation and across the health and care system. Join our mailing list at the bottom of the page to hear about more training in the future.
Applications for our ILM 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring training have now closed. However you can read about the training here: Visit our Coaching Training page for more information.
Training opportunities from other providers are listed below:
- The Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education offers a 14-month Coaching Professional programme. Your organisation may provide funding for this.
- Foundation Skills Mentoring Programme – This programme is aimed at colleagues across the Southwest and individuals new to mentoring as well as individuals who have some mentoring experience that they wish to continue developing. Deadline for applications is 24th January.